UK Coronavirus lockdown: what do you need to know?
The UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced strict restrictions for the efforts of tackling too frequently occurring Coronavirus cases. Boris Johnson announced the UK lockdown on March 23rd in order to stop virus from spreading.
BREAK: PM announces a full UK lockdown to tackle #COVID19
You can only leave to:
* Travel to work but only if necessary
* Providing care or going to a medical appointment
* Shopping for basic necessities
* Exercising once a day
Police will have powers to enforce rules
— Shehab Khan (@ShehabKhan) March 23, 2020
- Only shopping for necessities are allowed, excluding any other shops, such as beauty supplies and electronic shops (encouraged to use delivery services where possible);
- One form of exercise per day is allowed, such as cycling or running alone or people you live with;
- You can only travel for work, but only if you cannot work from home;
- You can leave your home to take care of a vulnerable person or if you have to do so because of the medical care needs;
- No crowd gatherings, no more meeting friends or being around more than one friend at a time (including weddings, churches).
According to Boris Johnson, if people do not follow the rules police will have the power to address fines and disperse gatherings.
Watch the report: